August 5, 2011

As I was deciding on what topic to discuss this week, I decided to look at other blogs and see what they had to say on, well, anything.  So, I went through Sollé Coaching's blogGünes Yilmaztuerk is definitely an expert in the field of marketing, especially social media.  As I was looking at the blogs I came across "Why Your Intern Isn't Your Online Marketing Voice."  (Oh yes, I do recall her mentioning something about that in a blogging workshop of hers that I attended not long ago.)  Many of us rely on volunteers and interns to get tasks done.  So, I thought it was important to just share with you her blog on the topic.  

Sure, they’re cheap labor. (Admit it.) And that young generation sure is handy with this Social Media stuff. And who has time to Facebook or Blog or Tweet. So sure, go ahead and give the young intern the responsibility of your Online Marketing. It makes sense. As much sense as giving your entire Rolodex to him and letting him loose because he knows how to use the phone.

You would never let him (or her – female interns are just as bad – we are an equal opportunity believer in lack of inexperienced intern qualifications) call your clients or potential clients, or represent you at network events.  Why do it Online? All the content you post on Social Media platforms brands you. It becomes your reputation. And do you really want to leave your brand and your reputation in the hands of an inexperienced Intern?

What are you thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment