June 13, 2014

Introducing Lauren Weldy: TAF Intern







Hello all! My name is Lauren and I’m the new intern here at TAF. If you have seen any new blog posts or updates so far this summer, they have been posted by yours truly (and Jane). As you can tell from the above picture, I'm a proud lover of all things artistic. I love fine art, music, dance, theatre, literature, and all other forms of creativity under the sun. 

I’m currently a senior at Purdue University. I major in English Literature and I’m tackling four different minors (gah)!  These include Art History, Medieval and Renaissance Studies, Classics, and American Studies. I’m crazy, I know! My arts background is in music, writing, and literature. I’m hoping to one day work in an art museum and help promote the arts to the surrounding community. I love TAF because they wisely assert that the arts are important, people!

If I may quote one of my favorite writers, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, “What is art but life upon the larger scale, the higher, when, graduating up in a spiral line of still expanding and ascending gyres, it pushes toward the intense significance of all things, hungry for the infinite?” So, if someone doesn’t like the arts, that person is basically lifeless, according to Mrs. Browning (kidding)! But, seriously, the arts create well-rounded human beings and I have loved taking part in that process here at TAF.

Besides pretentiously quoting Victorian poets and joking around about people being lifeless, my interests vary frequently. But, most often, one can find me browsing through Tumblr, reading old novels , listening to show tunes, watching black and white films, frequenting art museums, and drinking copious amounts of tea.

I’m excited about promoting the arts to the Greater Lafayette area and  I'm loving my time spent here at TAF!

No comments:

Post a Comment